Friday, May 29, 2009

Bland

I feel bland. My life has no flavor because i do not put the right ingredients into it. Life is what you make it, especially when it comes to spirituality. If you put bad ingredients in it tastes bad, but when you put good ingredients in it tastes good (you reap what you sow, sounding familiar?) An example is today, i made a pretty good dinner if i do say so myself, i took the time to marinate ribs, oven cook them, and grill them. I also made Fried pickles (delicious) and corn. I took my time, i planned it out, and it was well worth it. The problem is that I have been lacking that motivation spiritually for a long while. I have always been very involved in my church, and "know" the Christian answer. I expect it. I can rattle off my core beliefs, and make it sound good, but it has no flavor. its like the best lettuce in the world...no matter how good it is its just lettuce, it has no substance on its own. The problem lies with gumption shrewd or spirited resourcefulness). I need it. I know the potential is there, just need to "light the fire again" (Thank you All Together Separate.) Well i guess these are and have been my thoughts for a while.

God did speak to me for the first time in a while, through meditating on the story of Sampson and Delilah. Maybe i will post a blog on those thoughts soon.

2 comments:

Holly Brim said...

You pulled ATS out of nowhere! Good insight, good insight.

Philip G said...

Your god talks to you? Do you hear voices?