Sunday, August 3, 2008

R.I.P MISSION SINN 6/4/2008 to 8/3008


So I gave it hell. I put in my notice about a week ago, with every intention of fulfilling my requirement with honor and integrity. I still am doing that, but will no longer be working due to spraining my ankle, and messing up my knee.

I tell you what. As much as I liked to complain about my job, it was a good one. I met some good people, had some good times, and will leave with some good memories. Here are some of those memories.

The GEEB. I was introduced (by Zack)to the most ridiculous game, simply called "the game." You may know this as the "circle game." (Click HERE for the full explanation) At first glance i laughed and thought that these people were pathetic. As time went on, and the true Boredom of the MIR (Mission Inn Restaurant) started to take affect. So i decided to start playing. Countless shifts went by faster by playing this absurd waste of time, I even decided to Dub people "The Godfather" by how hard it was to get them. That will not soon be forgotten.

Also another thing I subconsciously loved was feuding with the Banquets department. On Sundays, they sometimes would steal all of our glassware. Water glasses, Champagne glasses, and juice glasses. So I loved to roam the Mission Sinn in search for our lost glasses. We always had a sense of glory running around the Hotel with our re-stolen glasses. We were caught sometimes, but rarely. We had full blown techniques, and plans. It was glorious.

I also had fun creating new words, like Douchie McDoucherton (for Danny) and many other names for my co-workers. Also, stealing nametags and making people embark on scavenger hunts for them, complete with threatening picture phone messages, where the nametag was shown being tortured and humiliated. Countless debates over evolution, politics, religion, etc...Smoke break no smokes (cause i don't smoke, but still take my smoke breaks). Needless to say there is a lot, A LOT of downtime and shenanigans working at the Mission Sinn.

I know it was just a job, but to me it was the end of am era. It is the end of part time jobs, beers after work, and not taking life seriously. Hopefully I can take some of these philosophies and friendships with me into my journey into adulthood.

No comments: