Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Batman is Wild at Heart

So I saw the Dark Knight in theatres last night, even though it cost me 20 bucks. It was overall worth it. The movie was great, and obviously had a talented cast. I really wish i was more knowledgeable on Batman, and into the whole backstory, But the truth is that I am not. I didn't think it was the best movie ever, but i did think it was a great movie...make sense? I hope so. Just basically saying that the movie was good, but Im not about to go see it more than once in theatres.

I was thinking today, about what made it a really god movie for me...The first thing that came into my mind was that Batman got hurt. He was knocked out, almost defeated, and someone (Commissioner Gordon)saved him. He became vulnerable. He was exposed with nothing to protect him, and a friend, not a superhero came to is rescue. But the truth is, that i think we cam all agree that Bruce Wayne/Batman is a MAN.

Coincidentally I am reading Wild at Heart by John Eldridge. A book about the true heart of a man. On pg 125 of my edition it says..."It is no shame that you need healing; It is no shame to look for another for strength; it is no shame to feel young and afraid inside." This sums it up. Men get scared, men cant always do it all alone, and sometimes they HAVE TO lean on others for support. I guess i liked that this was shown in the movie(We will save all the parallels with joker for another time.) It makes the fantasy more believable. It empowers us...we to have what it takes to be a hero. To give our ordinary lives, a little "extra". Men have a duty to confront the evils, and the blocks in our own lives, so we can help those around us. Accepting that we are vulnerable, helps us prepare the areas where we will be attacked.

This part of the movie was one of my favorites. And of course this quote is awesome..."ITS BETTER TO DIE A HERO, THAN TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO BECOME THE VILLAIN."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty insightful! You're a good kid!

Anonymous said...

"Accepting that we are vulnerable, helps us prepare the areas where we will be attacked."

You hit the nail on the head. Thanks brother.

Anonymous said...

I have tons of resource material on BATMAN if you want to do some more studying.