Thursday, October 9, 2008

What God has taught me through my knee

I guess I needed a Blog, Even more I needed to be to be humbled quietly. Since the academy process a lot of people told me "how good of a cop Id be" or "That I will do SO good" and a bunch of other BS crap. To tell you the truth I tried to blow it off, but quietly I believed every word of it. I thought that I was in shape, smart, and keen enough to do well in the Academy. I was pretty complacent about the whole issue. I had a quiet overly confident attitude when it came to athletics and smarts. So the more I started to believe this the more I felt How "good I was." Then, my knee busted. Not doing some crazy technique, not fighting, not running, but instead by just getting up. Getting up from my knees and my left knee pops. Why? I was doing great just hanging in the back, keeping to myself.

My friend Tyler asks, "What is God teaching you through this?" Until that second I never gave it one thought, but yet i immediately replied "Humility." God was gracious enough to facilitate my Doctors appointments, and i am grateful for that. The real thing he has blessed me with is seeing that i am not even close to be good. I have to slack, i have to walk, I cant participate, I am weak. I think it is for the best. Forgetting that God has lead me through this whole process, holding my hand, and opening doors. I havent done anything on my own, except walk through the doors that HE has opened. Thanks For being awesome God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Are A Cool Dude! I Am Proud Of You, Travis! Keep Going, You Are Doing Fine!

Anonymous said...

My gosch Travis, thank you for writing this. I will remember this through my own process. Thanks dude